If you have recently learned about the computer program for constructing clothes patterns "Valentina" and do not know how to use it yet, we will help you to understand it.
We have prepared a video course that will teach you how to use the Valentina computer program and its basic tools and functions.
This video course is designed for those who are new to Valentina. Here we explain and show in detail the basics of working in this program, from the beginning to the end of creating a sewing pattern. From downloading the program and installing it on your computer to printing out details of the created product on paper. This is done on an example of the construction of a base pattern of a straight skirt.
In this course we do not teach the process of designing a skirt, but only use one of the methods of construction to show you more detailed work in the computer program "Valentina". In this course we tried to give as much as possible different material for free use of the program, so that you later could build any product in Valentina. Therefore, in the film there are deviations from the classic construction of the basis of a straight skirt.
The basic construction of the skirt pattern in the film is based on the individual measurements. However, in this course it is also shown separately the filling and work with tables of multidimensional measurements, for those designers who work with standard measurements and sizes.
Due to the fact that Valentina is a constantly developing and changing, some parts of the program behavior, such as working with the multidimensional measurement tables, the process of creation of the nesting and other parts are shown separately for the different program versions - stable 0.6 and testing 0.7.
Construction of the drawing in the movie is made on a computer with Windows operating system. In other operating systems the work in the program is carried out similarly.
From our video course you will learn:
- how to download the program "Valentinа" from the official site and how to install it on your computer;
- how to load measurements into the program and how to replace them with other measurements, you will see the process of pattern parametrization;
- how and where to add the increments to the product;
- how to make preview calculations for drawing;
- how to draw the base line of a straight skirt - here you will see in detail how the main tools of the program work that are required for this;
- how to create the details of the skirt according to the skirt pattern;
- how to draw the marks, notches, inner contours, grainline and seam allowances on the patterns;
- how to create a pattern layout for further printing on paper, and how to save the pattern in a file for using it in other computer programs.
The video course consists of 7 parts, the total duration of the film - 4 hours.
Our film teaches the work in the program "Valentina" as a whole, so you later will be able to create patterns not only skirts, but also other sewing products.
But of course, this video course is only a basic, initial level of using the program. A full description of the tools and functions of the program is in the user's guide to the program Valentina.
We wish you successful training and efficient work in the computer program Valentina!
If you have any questions about the software, you can contact us for assistance when you purchase this video course.